Saturday, June 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Boys!!!

Wow, I can't believe the boys are turning 2 and 4!!!! Really, where has the time gone! Both of them are such an amazing blessing to our family! I'm so excited to see what the Lord has planned for there lives. We constantly prayer that God would work in them and through them as they grow up.

Avin has really taken on the big brother role! I always notice him keeping a close eye on Cooper and Parker, making sure they don't do something there not suppose to. We have taught him that he has to make good choice so Parker and Cooper will want to make good choices as well. Avin's favorite things to do at home include; playing wii, cutting with (safety) scissors during craft time and, of course, playing outside!

Parker is still his laid back self. He looks up to Avin and wants to do everything his bubby does. In the last month he has started talking, A LOT. Before, he could only say a few words, but now, he will not stop talking!!! I love it!!!! Parker is fearless. I don't really now if I like this quality yet or not! I can see how it could be a good thing but I also see how it could get him in trouble later on in life. It's funny to watch him because he will try anything!!! He will jump off anything, he will put in entire face in the water (even though his bubby is scared too) and if you put him up to a challenge he will try his hardest to do it!!!

Yesterday we celebrated the boys birthday together. Parker's was Saturday, June 13th, and Avin's is next Sunday, the 21st. Right now they are still young enough they don't mind sharing a birthday. Actually, Avin thinks their birthday is on the same day so celebrating them two different times would be confusing for him. I'm sure when they get older we will do them at two different times, but right now, it works for us!

Here in the Seymore household, we don't do birthdays as most people do! I'm not saying one way is right and the other is wrong. We just decide to do it this way because it works for our family! We don't throw big parties and don't get them lots of gifts. We have battled with the whole getting them lots of fun gifts to open up. I know it's so much fun to watch them open up gifts and see their reactions when they get a new toy, but so many times when they get a new toy, it's only fun for a short period of time then it get thrown in with the other many toys they don't play with. I'm not saying we have never gotten them a fun toy to open up on their special day, because we have. I'm just saying we don't go crazy with it. This year we actually didn't get them anything to open up! Our gift to them was a fun day full of their favorite things to do.

The morning started off with a BIG surprise birthday breakfast. I decorated the dining room and made "2" and "4" pancakes and blue milk. They were so excited when they woke up to see everything. I had Thomas the Train plates and cups, which they loved, and stickers next to there plates. They were so happy!!!!! After their small breakfast we went to tri-state athletic club so Jeff and I could get a quick workout in (this was part of the fun for them too, they love going to kids club at the gym)! Then, we went to Donut Bank for a 2nd breakfast. Yeah I know kinda crazy but they always have two breakfast on Saturdays. It's my way of getting a good healthy breakfast in them so they aren't starving when we go to Donut Bank plus they are use to eating first thing in the morning and wouldn't be able to wait until Jeff and I get our workout in. After Donut Bank we dropped them off at Grandma Lou Lou and PaPaw Bob's while we had a photo shoot! When we pulled up PaPaw had the tractor "lawn mower" out with ballons on it ready for a ride!!! They were so excited to spend an hour with Grandma and PaPaw. They took a ride in the tractor, played on the playground and played with water guns. Then, our next stop was Gatti Town for lunch. After that we went to the zoo! While we were at the zoo we could tell they were getting really tired so we skipped out playing in the water fountains at the zoo and headed toward the Henderson park and water fountains. On our way there they took about a 3o min nap. They had a blast showing daddy there favorite place to play. It was really crowded but we still had fun. Our last stop of the day was "Welcome to Moe's," by far Parker's favorite place to eat!

BOY O BOY, what a fun day they had. We asked Avin what his favorite part of the day was and he said his birthday party this morning at breakfast, which made my day because I put so much thought into making that such a special and fun moment for them!

We documented the whole day with pictures so I hope you enjoy looking at our fun day!!!


Birthday Party Breakfast


Parker's Pancakes

Avin's Pancakes



Showing off their blue tongues

Donut Bank


They love to make silly faces for the camera


My birthday boys

Jeff let them carry around their Thomas the Train Balloons

PaPaw and Grandma's house



Gatti Town






They got air planes with their tickets

ZOO



Looking at the Hippo



Our last stop was Moe's
Look at this picture closely! Cooper is the only one looking at the camera and she has a black bean on her chin! LOL!!!!






Water Fountains in Henderson
(these were actually taken before Moe's)






No comments: