Thursday, June 18, 2009

Cooper 8 months old

WOW It can't be true Cooper can't be 8 months old already! Well it is true, our sweet little girl is 8 months old. I'm really not for sure how much big she is but we will find that out next month! She can still fit into some 3-6 months clothes. But she can also wear 6-12 months. It just depends on the brand. She has short but chunky legs, and I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!!!! Cooper is still breastfeeding great and getting baby food once a day around 5:00 while we eat dinner. I am making her homemade baby food, which I love doing!!! We started her out with freshly grounded brown rice and avocado. It took her a good 2-3 weeks to really start eating it. Just in last week she has been doing so much better so we started green beans, carrots and beans. She has also gotten a couple pieces of crackers and a couple whole wheat teething biscuits too. Our plan is to stick to freshly grounded cereal and veggie for a least another month. Then I will give her sweet potatoes has her first sweet food. I want to stay away from the sweet food as long as possible!!!! My plan is to breastfeed her for a least a year maybe even longer.

Cooper sleeping schedule has gotten kinda crazy!!! Here is an example of her day.......

9:00- wake up and nurses
9:30-11:00 play time
11:00- nurses
11:15-2:00 play time(this is when I've been going to the gym)
2:00- nurses
2:15-5:00 nap time
5:00- nurse then baby food
7:00 nurses then bedtime
7:00pm-9:00am sleeps!!! This is the crazy part! She is sleeping 14 hours at night sometimes even more!!!

She just started sleeping that long about 9 day ago. I don't know if she is going through a growth spurt or if this will become her new schedule. It has really messed up my normal schedule but hey when you have 3 small children you kinda have to roll with the punches. We have just made this our new schedule. The boys get up at 7:00 so I get a couple hours with just them. We have breakfast and get ready for the day. I get a least a craft in or some type of learning activity in before Cooper wakes up. Mornings that I'm working on Epic stuff I let them sit at the dining room table with me and do a crafts which works out great.


P.S. STILL LOVING THE CLOTH DIAPERS!!!!!!

No comments: