Friday, January 13, 2012

one of my many routines

Every Saturday or Sunday I lay the kids clothes out for the week. I've done this for at least 3 years. I can't remember exactly what caused me to do it but I think it was when Avin started wanting to choose what he wanted to wear. I remember thinking if every kid wants to pick out their outfits it would take us an hour to get dressed. They never ever argue on what's in the pile, they know this is our "house rule" and they just do it!!! Makes for a quick and easy morning. Another rule we have is they aren't allowed out of their room until they are dressed. Some might think that is a crazy rule but getting 4 kids ready is the morning is hard enough. And it works for our family.

So every once a week I lay all their clothes out in piles. The first row is Avin and Parker's, then Coopers, Reeds and then all their under ware and socks.
Then I make a pile one for each day with all four kids clothes in them, and put them at the top of their closet.
Then each night before bed I put their pile for the next day on top of their dresser.

No comments: