Monday, February 28, 2011

EEG was today


Poor guy didn't like this at all


Here he is so peaceful in mommy's arms sleeping through the test!


Reed's EEG was today! I'm so glad to have that behind us! Really the only part that was bad was the beginning when the tech was applying the electrodes on his head! Once she got all the electrodes on his head she wrapped his head all up so he couldn't pull at them, then I was able to nurse him. She really wanted him to fall asleep which I didn't think was going to work but after about 5 mins of fighting it he finally went to sleep in my arms. And I was able to take a small nap too!

We should have the results back soon. I know Dr Blanke really wanted to get them back by our appointment tomorrow. The tech said it usually takes 2-4 days so we will just have to wait and see!

Reed seems to be doing better with his feedings today! Last night he did awesome. At 1am and 4am I was able to nurse him for a good 20 mins. And today he is doing really well!!!

1 comment:

Rick said...

WOW! I have never cried so hard in my life after clicking on your blog link and see little Reed like this ,,, I just don't understand why little children have to hurt or go through pain... Amanda, I love you so much. I know it has to be so hard on your and Jeff. It feels like someone has ripped my heart out of my chest when I saw this photo. I cannot stop crying. GOD please heal Reed and I pray that my Lord will make sure he is not in pain. Amanda, I love you. Dad Kiss the kids for me. You are in my prayers. Love Dad