Monday Sept 20 2010
Was a normal day, did know we were starting the whole food thing with Parker just yet, had planned on starting it the first week of Oct with potty training Cooper but then realized that could be asking for a disaster, so we started it Monday night!
Parker ate pancakes,yogurt and his Reliv milk for breakfast! No snack, 4 peanut butter crackers, a small snack bag of pretzels and apple sauce for lunch. No snack and wouldn't eat his dinner (hot pocket pizza) yeah not the healthiest but pizza is one of his safe foods so I thought he would do it even though it look different. So, no dinner.
Tuesday Sept 21 2010
When he woke up I had a good long talk with him about what was going to happen. Let him have a glass of his Reliv milk and served him his hot pocket for bfast. He got upset at first then realized that was getting him no where. He asked for a snack one time and I told him that he had to eat his dinner from the previous night first. Then came lunch time. The kids always eat lunch at the gym. I debated on taking him to the gym because I feared it was going to be to hard on him and he would get to hard to handle or it could be the complete opposite it might be better to stick to our normal routine. Well he got up set at first and cried for a couple minutes. I'm so thankful for the ladies in the daycare at the gym, they have become like family to us. Don't know what I would do without those ladies!!!!!! Dinner came around and I made Chicken and Rice. I had fresh veggies on the table while I was making dinner and Parker did do something he has never ever ever done. He tried baby carrots. He ate five of them!!!! But when it came to dinner time, nothing. Wouldn't try it!!!
Wednesday Sept 22 2010
Well guess what for breakfast, Parker Bear..... Chicken and Rice!!!! Every morning Parker gets the Chocolate Reliv in his milk. This morning I decided to give him the vanilla! And boy was he not happy when he saw that at the table!!!! I talked to him about how we can't eat the same thing every day and it was time for his milk to be different. He calmed down and after about 5 mins looking at it he tried it and drank about half of it. Then about 30 mins later drank the rest of it! Lunch time came once again we brought last night dinner to the gym in his lunch box. The ladies said he cried for a little bit while they tried to work with him on eating it then sat there and looked at it for about 5 mins then realized he couldn't break them either so got up and played!! He was really really tired today. During school time in the morning he told me that his head hurt. Well of course buddy you have a head ache because there is no food in your belly. While I was making dinner, Beef and Noodles Parker asked me what I was making and when I told him he said, "Silly mommy I will not eat that" All I could do was laugh. I love that boy so much and was glad to see him still have his sense of humor! Well of course, like I expected he didn't eat dinner. I had fresh veggie out again and he didn't even touch them!! So as of bed time it has been 55 hours and the boy has had 2 cups of milk and 5 carrots. Praying tomorrow we have a break through
Thursday Sept 23, 2010
What a day crazy day it was. When I woke up this morning I was blown aways by the emails and fb messages I had in my inbox, but not blown away in a good way blown away in an upset scary way. Apparently some people feel that we are being to harsh with Parker and think we are harming him and rumor has gone around that someone might call the CPA on us! I appreciate the email that I got that were informing me that people were talking and letting me know that some feel like we are harming our little Parker. I spent the morning on the phone with my mother who calmed me down after she had to calm herself down first! I'm so thankful for her and her heart!!! She assured me that everything was going to be ok and we were doing what was best for Parker. Even though being his NaNa she wanted to come over to the house with a cookie she knew she couldn't do that! LOL!!! I spoke to three different people who work in the "social work world" and the also assured me that we were doing nothing wrong.
I WANT TO MAKE THIS VERY VERY CLEAR........ WE ARE OFFERING PARKER FOOD, HE IS CHOOSING TO NOT EAT IT!
As my morning went on felt the Lord with me more than I have in a long time. This is not a food issue this is a spiritual battle that is being fought in our home! We have know for a long time that Parker is a strong-willed child. We are not trying to break Parker we are just trying to mold him. I pray that he keeps this determination and uses it to glorify God someday! We are teaching him that he is under our authority and we are under God's authority. Our children are responsible to obey us. As a wife I am responsible to obey God and Jeff my husband and Jeff is responsible to obey God! It's just that simple!
Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the LORD your God gives you. (Exodus 20:12)
As the day went on I was overwhelmed in a good way by the words of encouragement I got through, phone calls, texts, emails and fb comments! Thanks you all so much!!!!
As far as the day went on for Parker it was very uneventful. Breakfast came and I gave him his Reliv milk and his Beef and Noodles. He didn't through a fit or cry over it! When I asked him if he was hungry he said no. I asked him if he knew why he wasn't getting the same breakfast as Avin and Cooper and he said because I didn't eat my dinner! Lunch time came and we packed up all our stuff and went to the gym. I asked Parker if he was going to eat lunch and he said only if you make me a grilled cheese sandwich. I just laughed and said buddy mommy can't make you a grilled cheese sandwich, he said I know I have to eat my dinner!! The daycare ladies at the gym said he cried for a minute once it was lunch time but it didn't last long. I will say that I'm surprised Parker hasn't been more disobedient through out this whole process. The first day he tested me but really since then he has been quite good! Poor guy I think he is just so tired and weak to throw any fits!!! Dinner time was getting closer and Parker came up to me and said, mommy I'm going to eat dinner tonight!!! O I was so praying that was a true statement! My mom came over to hang out for about an hour while I was making dinner and to help out! It was so nice to see Parker have to life to him. He was so excited to see Nana and my two little sisters! It was minutes away from me plating up dinner, Oven fried chicken strips and mac n cheese. I had Parker come in and help me with the mac n cheese. He likes cheese so I had him try the cheese before I added it to the macaroni, I even took a piece of sliced cheese which he loves and had him stir it in there. O that didn't make him happy, he wanted to eat it by it's self. Well, dinner time came and Parker didn't even come close to trying it! He just looked at it and pushed it away. We are trying to not give him any extra attention at the table! We are not raising our voices AT ALL with him we are trying our hardest to show him love through this whole process. We know this a hard on him also and it's a battle he is trying o so hard to win! But like I've said before he has a strong will. If the boy can go 4 days without food just think what he can do with this power when he becomes a man. That is just quite amazing!!!! We are praying for our little Parker-Bear and asking you do the same!
Friday Sept 24, 2010
Very excited for what I have planned today. I'm going to take the other 3 kiddos to the gym and us mommy's day out and take Parker with me to Barns Noble. We will look through cookbooks and I'll let him pick out what for dinner. Then we will go to the store get all the stuff we need then go home and make it together! I pray that this is a break through moment for him. So stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment