Friday, September 17, 2010

i love my job

Being a mom of 4 kids under the age of 5 isn't always easy. Heck being a mom of one isn't easy! I have days when I just have to put the kids in the van and go for a drive because they are all strapped in and I can have some peace in quiet. Yes, my kids like trips in the van and it seems to relax them. There are also day when they get to watch a movie or have extra tv time, just because I need them to be glued to the tv so I can get some cleaning done around the house!

Today has been just one of those day I love my job as a wife and a mom so much! I will not lie everyday I don't feel like this but today has been a great day. I've done a lot of thinking on why today is so much different then those bad days. Don't know if it's the great quiet time I had this morning or if it's the 10.5 mile run I got in, but it's just been a great day!

What helps me love my job?!?!?!?!

-the most important thing I do for myself and for my family is..... I wake up a couple hours before they get up in the morning. Why do I do this. Well it gives me time to have my quiet time with the Lord, have a great cup of coffee well most days 2 cups. Do a load of laundry, get breakfast made and ready on the table, get Jeff's and the kids lunch packed (the kids eat lunch at the gym almost everyday, hey it's one meal I don't have to clean up after) update blog, check facebook, and get myself ready (well brush my teeth and get my gym clothes on)

-I make list and lots of them. There is something so gratifying about checking off things your done!

-I make a menu for the month and try our hardest to stick to it.

-I take time for myself almost 5 days out of the week to exercise.

-I keep our family on a schedule.

-I have a husband that leads his family with God being the focus!!

-I surround myself with other like minded mom's.

-Sundays I lay out the kiddos clothes for the week. This makes for an easy morning.

-Keep the house clean and organized. When your work environment is crazy it makes you feel crazy!

-I don't forget to throw all the rules out the window from time to time and just have fun!!!!





No comments: