Jeff has been out of town all week. So Avin and I went to back to school night while Kathy came over to watch the other kiddos! I was a big ball of stress. It didn't hit me until we got there that we were sending our oldest to school and that Jeff was going to miss both back to school night and his first day of school. It was good for me though. If you know me you know I don't like new things. I get really stressed about going into new environments. So this was a big stretch for me to do this without Jeff by my side. Silly I know, but just being honest!
We walked through the cheerleaders cheering us into the doors and found the list of teachers. I was so excited to see that Avin got Mrs. Schwambach! She is a wonderful teacher and I know he will be blessed by her this year!
After we left school we went to Barns and Noble for a quick treat! It was fun to sit there and talk to him about the night and his soon first day of school.
Back to School Night!
Trying on his back to school outfit, the night before!
Avin's first day of school went great! We started the morning off with pancakes for Avin made out of the "k's" and of course I did a 'C' for Cooper and and 'P' for Parker to make them feel special also! We had a wonderful breakfast, one of my favorite moments of the morning was seeing Parker and Cooper so excited for Avin as they sat at the breakfast table talking! Parker was genuinely excited for Avin. After breakfast we took some pictures and headed to school. Avin did great!!! And so did mommy. I didn't loose it until I got in the van and drove off!
When we picked him up he was so excited to tell me all about his day. He said his favorite part of the day was, that his seat is near Mrs. Schwambach and story time. He said, "my teacher is a really good reader, just like you mommy" He also said recess was fun but short!
That night for dinner we made pizza and made a "K" out of pepperonis. I would say his first day of school was a success. I'm looking forward to the year and can't wait to watch him grow and learn.





1 comment:
Avin's First Day of Kindergaten
WOW! Congrats Avin, you have grew up so fast. I remember when you were just a baby and your mom and dad brought you to Texas and I held you for the first time. I am so proud of you. How was your first day, Avin?
Love.
PaPa Ruffert
Post a Comment