This race got me very excited about the 10k and half marathon that is coming up in the next 2 months. So I'm hoping I can keep up with my training and PR in both of those races too!
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
5k
Last weekend I ran the YMCS 5k, I didn't register until the day before the race. My training really hasn't been all that great since the beginning of May. I've been so hit or miss with my training and I just didn't feel like I would be happy with my time if I ran it! I finally just gave into the idea and registered. It's just a 5k and I was hoping it would get me back on my A game! Well I ran it and I was very happy with my time. My final time was 22:38 which put me at a 7:19 pace. I finished 6/48 in my division, 16/425 in females, 67/745 overall. This was a PR for me so I was very excited, the closest I've gotten to that time was back in 2006 with the time of 23:28.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment