Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Disney Trip


Jan 6 2011 my mom, sister and I went to Disney World for a 4 day girls trip to run the Disney Half Marathon!!!!!!!!! We were celebrating my 30th bday and Ashley's 23rd bday!! We had an amazing trip. Really couldn't have asked for a better trip. As the trip kept going on we kept saying, it's keeps getting better and better!!!

We headed out about 9:30am and made our way to Owensboro. Had about 90 mins to kill so we went to target and a quick bit at Panera before we went to the "barn" airport! The airport was the size of a barn! But ended up being a great 90 mins flight!! We flew into Standford/Orlando Airport! We had transpiration lined up to take up to our resort! Checked into the resort! Then spend the first night at Downtown Disney! Then following morning we had breakfast then went to the expo to pick up are race packet! I have a couple girl friends who are amazing runners who started Pace with Purpose and recently have started a company called Bibbity Running! We were their first customers to wear there new skirts! I'm not really big on spending a ton of money on running gear other than shoes but I do have to say, I WILL NEVER RUN IN ANYTHING ELSE EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These skirts are just amazing!!!!!! I know this may should weird but it feels like your running naked! And one of the coolest things about them is you don't have to put holes in your running clothes when wearing your bid number. They have these little snaps that your put your bid number in!!! So COOL!!!! Any ways we put on our new skirts and headed to the expo to do a little advertising for them! After the expo we headed back to the resort to change and drop off our stuff! Then went to Hollywood Studios. We spend the day there then tried to call it an early night. We had to get up at 2:30am to get ready for the 5:30 race! But we were all unsuccessful at getting to bed early. We stayed up to 12:30 tossing and turning because we were so excited and nervous for the race! 2:30 came and we got up and got ready for the race then headed to the bus stop at 4:00am! Got to the race about 4:50 and headed to our corrals. And let me just say there were 28,000 runners and I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT! This was my first big race experience!!! I was just amazed by how many people there was!!! I was in the first wave and Ashley and my mom where in the last (because Ash had never done a race so she didn't have any times to register with) The race started with fireworks and it took me 60 secs to cross the starting line! It took mom and Ashley 55 mins to get to the starting line!!! CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For those who don't know much about running races, you wear a tracking device on your shoe so your official starting time doesn't start until you cross the starting line!!!

We all were happy with our finish times. I didn't PR but it was near impossible to do so! The crowds were crazy and I used so much energy moving in and out of people paths. My final time was 1:49:28; Ashley was 2:20:54 and moms time was 2:28:47.

After the race we went back to our rooms and cleaned up and got some lunch! Then headed to Magic Kingdom. Because we only got 2 hours of sleep we only could stay out until about 5:00 then headed back to our resort and got some dinner and was in bed by 8:30!

Got up the next morning and headed to the airport. We had such an amazing time! I'm so thankful for the memories we made! I haven't laughed that hard and that much in a long time! So blessed to have two of the best friend in the world and to make it even better they are my mother and sister!!!!




On the airplane getting ready to take off!
When we arrived at our Restort "Port Orleans Riverside" we had this waiting for us on the bed!
We took so many pictures like this!!! Fun times
Jeff and the kids had this delivered to our room! So surprised!!

Downtown Disney Lego store
And another one of those pictures! ha ha
First morning bfast!!!

Yes we are the biggest dorks!!!
the expo
Sporting our bibbity running skirts
Carb load!!!




Disney really brings the kid out of you!!!

Ashley and her hug mickey cookie!!
Getting everything ready the night before the race!

After the race
Magic Kingdom

Ashley loves pickles!!
Mickey apple
Sad Faces!!!Our trip is coming to an end!
It took us about 5 mins to get this picture because we kept laughing!

No comments: