Saturday, October 23, 2010

Bear

Well, I'm sure some of you are dying to know how Parker Bear has been doing. It's been a month since we started our new food rules in the house and I am excited to say THINGS ARE SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!

Now I will not lie things are perfect but Parker is taking baby steps to become a better eater. The rules are still the same here at the Seymore house. If you don't eat it for dinner you get it for bfast and if you don't eat it for bfast you get it for lunch then we start all over at dinner time. Also no snacks in between!!!! I would say Parker has at least one 24-48 hour span where he doesn't eat a week. But a new rule we have started is if you try 3 bites of it you don't have to eat it for bfast. Now that doesn't mean you get anything else the rest of the night but it does mean you get a normal bfast.

I really do think Parker is sensitive to some foods. But it doesn't mean we are just going to cater to it, it just means we have a longer road a head of us! He will try certain things and to watch him eat the three bites is sometimes painful!

A new thing here at the Seymore family household is smoothie for bfast. It makes me feel good that they are getting so many servings of fresh fruits and veggies first thing in the morning and the great thing is they don't even know what in it. Avin saw a picture I took of the smoothie before it was blended together and he said mom that's not mine is it! There is salad in that!!! I just laughed and said Avin mommy puts lots of yummy healthy foods in your smoothie. I didn't tell Jeff what all was in it until a couple days of him drinking them because I knew he wouldn't drink it if I told him.





No comments: