Sunday, August 23, 2009

Crazy Life!

Sorry I haven't been updating the blog lately (for those of you who really do read it) but life has been kinda crazy for the Seymore family! About 4 weeks ago we set our closing date on the house (which is this Monday) and with doing that we got the clear to go ahead and start working on projects on the house like cleaning and painting! We knew that there was a LONG list of things that needed to be done to the house before we were able to move in and expected to work on the house for a good 3 months before we moved in. Well Jeff and I thought of the greatest idea.... Lets just work like crazy and try to be it done in 2 months instead of 3. Well I can say after 3 weeks of waking up anytime between 4:00am and 5:00am to work on the house before Jeff leaves for work and many late night at the house, the painting is almost done. I started to count the hours I've spent at the house painting and stopped at 80 hours. No joke!!!! Plus I have had help from some good friends. Jeff and Chris spent two nights painting ceilings, Andi helped with the kitchen, Kathy helped on the living room and dining room and Brandon helped with the entry way and hauling out old freezers. So we've probably spent well over 1oo hours paining. Maybe that is why the quote for painting was $7,500. The wood work alone in the dining room and living room took me a total of 20 hours. I am happy to say the only thing that I still need to paint is, Coopers room and the master bedroom(after we remodel it) I will be glad when my life gets back to normal and I get my 8 hours of sleep, going off of 4-5 is really wearing me out!!!

We decided to camp at the new house this weekend. The weather was amazing!!! Who would have thought in Aug we would have to put a long sleeves and pants on the boys!!! The boys had so much fun. Jeff spent most of the evening playing with the kids and setting up the tent while I painted inside the house. We grilled hotdogs and had a great night! Then when we put the kids to bed we stayed up till midnight painting. I spent 4.5 hours on the office ceiling!!! I never want to paint ceilings again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We woke up got ready for another full day of working on the house. Of course we started the day off with our normal Saturday Donut Bank stop. Jeff's parents came over and fixed us lunch and helped work on the house. My sweet mother-law worked on cleaning the hardwood floors for 3 hours!!!! WOW she is such a blessing!!! The guys worked on cleaning stuff outside while the kids played outside ALLLLLL day! I worked on painting doors and cleaning windows! I had so many moments yesterday where I stopped and looked around at all the people I love so much. It was so nice to have Jeff's parents there with us all day and we had a few friends stop by to say hi. I am so excited to have a place where people can come together and fellowship. Hospitality has always be one of my gifts but I've never been able to use it to the fullest and I'm so excited to share that gift with others. I want our house to be a place where people can come and feel comfortable. I want our house to be the house that all of our kids friends want to come over to. The house that if someone needs to have a shower or a party they call us to ask if they can use our house. THE LORD IS SOOOO GOOD!!!!

Here are some pictures from the weekend. I'll post more pictures of the progress made on the house later on today!!
















No comments: