So I know it's been almost two weeks since we got back from our vacation and I haven't blogged about it! As soon as we got home things got really crazy with the new house and we have been spending ALL our free time there. I'll post a blog about that craziness later! Anyways back to the trip. My family from California(Aunt Amy, Uncle Reggie, Cousins Tara, Madison and Austin) came in to visit for a week. We spent the first part of the week in Nashville then we went to Dale Hollow Lake for 4 days. My mom, dad, MaMa and younger sisters weren't able to go to Nashville so they met us at Dale Hollow.
Nashville was a BLAST!!! It was 3 days full of craziness! We left Wednesday morning and went downtown to show them some good o country fun. We had lunch at Wild Horse Saloon, then went to the Country Music Hall of Fame, then finished the day at Five Guys for some great burgers and fries! Thursday we had breakfast at our favorite place in Nashville, Loveless Cafe. If you are ever in Nashville you have to go their. The fam loved it! I think my brother Nic ate a dozen biscuits. After breakfast we walked around and then drove through Franklin. Then headed to Cheekwood Botanical Gardens. It was such a beautiful day. The kids loved being able to run around and the adults enjoyed the scenery. After that we went back to the hotel to relax for a while! Then my favorite part of Nashville comes next. Jeff came up with the greatest idea. He thought it would be nice for the dad's to stay back one night to let my aunt, my cousin, sister, brother and I go out one night to see Downtown Nashville. So that is just what we did. We had dinner at the Melting Pot. I think we were their for almost 4 hours! After dinner we walked around downtown for a while. It was by far my high of the trip! The last day in Nashville was not packed full of Nashville stuff but it was packed full of getting stuff ready for the lake. We spent the whole afternoon at Costco getting food for 16 people for 4 days.
Dale Hollow Lake! We arrived early evening at the cabin and just had a relaxing night at the cabin. Got stuff ready for the next few day and had dinner. We put the kids to bed early, I stayed inside and hung out with my brother, sister and cousin while Jeff, my aunt and uncle were outside by the fire. My cousin Tara wasn't too sure about the fire, don't worry we finally got her out there. I really enjoyed that time talking with them and I know Jeff felt the same way about his time with Reggie & Amy. Saturday morning we hung out at the cabin, I went for a morning run and got cased by 10 dogs. NOT SO MUCH FUN!!!!! The rest of the family got to the cabin about 5pm. The whole day we were all taking bets on when they would arrive. They were suppose to leave by 8 and we weren't surprised they didn't leave until after 10. When they arrived we had dinner and enjoyed hanging out with everyone. That night we celebrated my youngest sisters 6th birthday! Wow I still can't believe she is six years old already. Sunday and Monday we spent the whole day out on the boat! We had such a great time with everyone. I really hope we can do more trips like this with my family!!!
Click here to see picture from the trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment