Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Weekend of March 13-15

That weekend was an eventful weekend for everyone. Jeff took a backpacking trip with some guys. He lefts Friday morning and came home Sunday night. To see pictures from his weekend click here
This is a trip they take every year! I will say this year I wasn't looking forward to being home by myself with 3 little kiddos. But my weekend turned out great. Friday I did my normal gym time, then we went over to the Alsman's house for a play date. After that we went over to Grandma Lou Lou to make our scrap booking pages for MaMau 75Th birthday party. I was so tired by the end of that day. Saturday I went to the gym in the morning then back to Jeff's parents house to celebrate MaMau 75Th birthday. Click Here to see pictures. I hate that Jeff had to miss it. MaMau about a year ago was diagnosed with Alzheimer. It has been sad to watch her change. She just isn't the same person. MaMau is such a blessing to our family and we love her so much. Later on that night some of the girls who's husbands were on the backpacking trip got together for a sleepover with our kids. We got there at 6:30 and I put the kids to bed. They had such a busy day and were so tired, plus it made it easier on me. We ended up sitting around and talking till 2:00 am. I don't remember the last time I stayed up to 2:00 am. The next morning we all woke up and had my yummy homemade cinnamon rolls.

I have to tell two more stories that happened that weekend. Well Friday evening after doing my scrapbook pages I had to go get diapers for Parker. He had his last one on. By the time we got to Babies R Us Avin was asleep. Waking up Avin is never fun. All of the kids were tired and cranky none had naps that day. So the trip in the store wasn't fun at all. I got the diapers and went to the check out line, which was long of course. It was my turn to check out and I couldn't find my wallet anywhere. So I took the kids out to the van to look for it. Couldn't find it, but I knew it had to be somewhere in the van. Finally I found it! Went back into the store got my diapers and got the kids home. Once we got home I was unloading the kids and realized I left the diapers in the cart at Babies R Us. So of course since I had no diapers and couldn't put Coopers on Parker so I had to load the kids back in the van and drive back to Babies R Us. Thank God they were still outside in the cart. All I could do was laugh!

So my second funny story is Saturday night on our way to the sleep over. All the kids were in the car and Avin tells me he has a acorn stuck up his nose. I said "o Avin no you don't" How could he have a acorn in his nose. So I'm getting ready to drive off and he starts screaming. So I went back to him and of course he had a rock stuck up his nose. It was so far up there I couldn't get to it. I had him try to blow it out but every time he started to blow out he sucked air in which made the rock go further up his nose. I didn't know what I was going to do. I was getting ready to call my mom and I had him try one more time to blow it out. I closed off the other side of his nose and had him blow really hard and there it came. BOY O BOY that was a close one!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

oh my...I am laughing so hard at the rock "acorn" in the nose