Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Amanda's new hobby- sewing!!!!!!

So I'm sure most of you remember the cute Christmas outfits I got Cooper. I bought most of them from a friend who has a baby boutique called "Ruffles and Ribbons" Well after buying these outfits my mother-law and mom who both sew encouraged me to start sewing. So I asked for a sewing machine for Christmas and my awesome husband got me one!!!! So two weeks ago I got my sewing machine out not having a clue what I was doing. The last time I sewed was in 7th grade homemaker class. My sewing machine came with a DVD. So I stuck myself up stairs in our playroom (now sewing room) and taught myself how to sew!!!! I probably should have waited until I could have Kathy or my mom come over to help me because I was getting really frustrated!!! Let just say the first outfit needs to go in the trash.

One week later I've sewed 8 projects. Right now I'm just doing very basic stuff. The rate I'm going I'll have Cooper an outfit for everyday of her life. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have found a really cute designer called Pink Fig and plan on making a lot of her outfits. I'm really enjoying my new hobby!!!!!!!





3 comments:

Beth Chupp said...

will you make me some when we have a girl? They are really really cute!

Melissa Speelman said...

Amanda-
I am Andrea Garten's friend (her mom has watched all of my kids). Andrea was telling me about the headbands your daughter wears (love 'em), so I came to your blog to check them out. I just had my 4th baby and my very first girl. Anyway, I *LOVE* the dresses you have made!!! Would you consider making them for a profit?? I would *love* to buy one or more :). Your fabrics are fabulous! My daughter is only 7 weeks right now. Think about it and let me know. My e-mail address is lucylomax@cinci.rr.com. Thanks! Oh, and your kids are adorable!!!
Melissa Speelman

Mama J said...

Your outfits are adorable! What a fun hobby to do for your little girl! Hope all is well :)