Friday, October 17, 2008

Amanda's story of the day!!!!!!!!!!

9:20 pm 10/17:
So I'm in AWE of what I just went through in the last 24 hours. First off I'm so shocked that Cooper is a girl!!!!!!!!!!! I still can't believe that we have a beautiful little girl!!!

Well like Jeff said yesterday my water broke at 3:00 yesterday. I thought for sure that my labor would start. But it didn't, I was having contractions but nothing major. Last night I knew that I would need to rest. So around 10:00 I laid down. I didn't get much sleep but at least I was able to rest. We ended up at the hospital around 6:00. Blanke checked me and I had progress to 3 cm. We knew at the time that I needed something to kick start my labor. As much as I didn't want Pitocin I knew that we had to have Cooper within 24 hours. I will be completely honest, I was scared out of my mind. I knew that an epidural wasn't an option for me. But I knew Pitocin contractions could be really hard. So we started Pitocin at 8:30 and it took about an hour to get contractions to come constantly. The plan was to wait until Blanke came in at lunch time to check me. So all morning I had no clue how much I had progressed. I could only hope for the best. Around 11:00 Contractions started to be nonstop with maybe 30 sec breaks. At 12:05 Blanke still wasn't here so I had my nurse check me and I was 7cm. The nurse took me off Pitocin. It was so nice to not be attached to anything!!! Not much time had passed and I was feeling the urge to push. So I had the nurse check me again and I was 9cm. When she left the room to call Blanke to let him know he needed to get here, I yelled out "I need to push this baby out!!!" So that just what I did. No nurse No doctor just me, Jeff, my mom, sister, Erin, Carla, and Jessica were in the room. I was laying on my side on the bed and I didn't even really push. She just ploped out. My mom screamed "the heads out!" So my nurse ran in as Cooper came out the rest of the way, just laying right on the bed crying!!!! It was so amazing I basically did it all my myself!!! A few mins later Blanke runs in!!!!!!!! It was truly the most amazing thing ever!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still in awe of how it all happened. I ended up being in labor for about 3 hours. THAT IS JUST CRAZY! I will say I never want Pitocin again, that stuff is CRAZY!
Cooper Lynn is nursing so well. About every hour and half she is feeding for about 3o mins. She was awake most of the day!!! Now she is sleeping in Daddy arms!!!!!! We will be posting lots of pictures tomorrow on Webshots. Thanks for all the prayer and visitors. Feel free to come visit tomorrow!
-amanda

No comments: