Saturday, May 15, 2010

Reed's 5 days old already

It's Saturday morning and I just can't believe Reed is already 5 days old today. It makes me sad because time is going by so fast! With each kid I try my hardest to enjoy each and every moment I have with them but time goes by so fast.

It's been a great 4 days so far (can't talk for the 5th day yet) The first 2 days in the hospital were great. We really enjoyed our stay at the hospital. Thank you so much to our family and especially my sister for all their help this week. You all are so so so amazing!!!! So special moments in the hospital I never want to forget....

2 Hours after Reed was born Jeff left to go grab something to eat and when he came back he had a suprise. He had Avin and just Avin with him. The other two kids were napping so he brought Avin so he could have some special time with us first. It was such a neat experience for all of us. Avin was set on the baby being a girl. He had told us about a month ago that Jesus wouldn't give us a boy because that wouldn't be fair to Cooper. He said, mommy I have Parker so Cooper needs a sister, so why would Jesus give us a little boy. Well we told him that sometimes God does things that we don't understand at the time but he know what best for our family and he will give us what ever is perfect for our family. So because of this conversations we've had with him a couple times we were a little nervous about telling him Reed was a boy. Jeff spoke to him in the van before they came into the hospital. When Jeff told him we had a little boy he got upset first and started to cry but then something in his mind clicked and he said wait a minute that means we will have 3 boys in our family and Jeff said yeah buddy 3 boys. Then Avin's eye's lit up and said that is going to be awesome!!!!!!!!! PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Another special moment was the last morning we were at the hospital we had breakfast as a family. Jeff slept at the house with the kids each night (so all of them could get good rest) So that morning when he woke up he went and got breakfast and brought the kids to the hospital. They only stayed for a couple hours but we had such a great time. It was the first time I saw them all together with no other distractions and man on man I had to hold the tears back many times. I just loved seeing them all together. It all just felt so right!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Things have been great since we gotten home. Our first morning home we had a relaxing morning just hanging out as a family. Then in the afternoon we took Reed and all the kids to Jeff's office. Then that evening Jeff's mom came over with MauMau and PaPa Robert's and brought us dinner. Thanks so much Grandma Lou Lou!!! Yesterday Jeff went back to work so I decided to take the kids to Tri-State to there gym time class and show off baby Reed. We had such a great time and it felt good to get out with them. After that my sister came over and we did our normal "FRIDAY SAM's TRIP" Every friday I take the kids to Sams Club and stock up for the week! They all did so great and it was nice to have my sister with me for my first trip!

So everyone has been asking me how the kids are doing with him. They are doing GREAT!!!! Avin doesn't really care to hold him for too long, he likes to run up talk to him then run off. Parker could hold him for hours and has been my little helper. And Cooper think Reed is a baby doll and wants to hold him all the time too. The past two morning when the boys wake up they run down the stair searching for their little brother and are so excited to see him. Any time we leave the house the first thing they ask is, does Reed get to go too. I just love their excitement for their little brother so much and I'm so excited to see how all of their personality's fall into their birth order. I know a lot of people said wouldn't it be so perfect to have two little boys and two little girls. And to be honest I kinda thought that too but now seeing all the kids interact with him I know this is God's perfect plan for our family and I'm so excited to see what the Lord has in store for has as we serve him and let him guide our ways!!!

No comments: