Well it's Feb 26 and we've made it almost 7 weeks with no eating out! I will say it's been a great experience. I've really enjoyed the time I've spent in the kitchen cooking up new recipes. I challenged myself to make 17 new recipes in Feb, I wish I could say I met my goal but I didn't! I came real close with 14 new recipes. This week I had to make some changes because my acid reflux started really bothering me. Also my energy level at night has been down and it also hasn't helped that this weeks the weather was really yuck which didn't help with the winter blues. Yesterday I had every intention to make a new chicken dish but after cleaning the house for 2 hours I just didn't have it in me so we had grilled cheese and tator tots instead! Wasn't the healthiest meal ever but it had lots of love in it!!!! I'm learning that the next 12 week of this pregnancy I'm just going to have to have easy quick meals that don't take much work!
Sad to say we are bringing this challage to an end 3 days early. We are going out to eat tonight to Los Bravos and I can't wait, I'm so so so looking forward to it. When I told the boys we were going there, Avin got so excited and said we havn't been there in like a year!!! Then he started running around the house screaming cheese dip cheese dip o yeah o yeah over and over!
I will say after going through these 7 weeks of no eating out I think we will spend more and more time at our kitchen table enjoying new reciepes! It's been a great experience. My goal from here on out is to try a new reciepes once a week and to only eat out 2 times a month!
No comments:
Post a Comment