Sunday, April 29, 2012

The twins have arrived

I've been really bad about updating the home blog as I was focusing on the twins pregnancy blog at the end of my pregnancy. Most of you who follow this blog know the twins arrived Thursday April 19, 2012
Birk Nathan was born at 6:14am 6 lbs 9 oz and Tate Woodson was born at 6:49 at 6 lbs 12 oz. To read about the birth story click here

My plan is to keep the twins blog and update it from time to time on how life is raising twins. But I will go back to using our home blog as our main blog. 

Here are some pictures from the hospital. To view all of the pictures click here



We are all doing very well adjusting to having two newborns in the house! The kids can't get enough of them, they always want to help me, hold them, and just be near them. We were a little worried about Reed before they got here, but he is adjusting great!  The twins are sleeping great, the last 3 nights have gave us one 4.5 hr stretch in-between feedings. The other kids were still nursing every 2-3hr through the night at this point. So I'm hoping they keep up the good work. They have fallen in the the 2.5-3 hr schedule during the day on their own. I will start baby wise this week. We started the paci in the hospital which we never did with the kids. They have done so well with nursing so I went ahead and got them out just to help me manage both of them. They are sleeping in a bassinet next to our bed which is something we've never done. In the past I would just sleep down stairs with the newborns so Jeff could get good sleep but because there is two of them Jeff is helping me change diapers and burp during the night feeding. I'm not sure how long we will keep them in our room but for right now it works! They are in newborn size diapers, some preemie and newborn clothes, but mainly Gap (up to 7lb) Gaps by far my favorite and fits them the best. Some newborn is still too big and some preemie is too small. 

Our new Monday night thing is to eat at Chick Fil A at the mall. If you bring your church bulletin in you get a free 8pc chicken nuggets or a free chicken sandwich.  We order two things of fries and water and our whole family eats for 4 bucks, you can't beat that!!! I always bring fruit and another side for the kids. It's a lot of fun because a lot of our close friends do the same things. Here is picture from last week. 


We are so blessed to have a great network of friends. One of my closest friends set up a meal train us, and we have dinners being delivered by friends until the end of May, 4 times a week. This is such an amazing blessing and helps us so much! It's so nice that I don't have to worry about cooking every night. And once the meal train in over I have my freezer stocked with a months worth of dinners! Here is a picture of a cake that Doris made us, the kids talked about this cake for days!

My gallbladder is doing great, so I've gotten to enjoy all the foods I didn't' get to eat during my pregnancy. And because I'm nursing twins, I'm making up for it, my appetite is out of control!!! I had my first burger in over 9 months and it was O SO GOOD!!!!!! And lets not forget the fries with ketchup and mayo!!!

At FIVE GUYS

 
Here's our FIVE GUYS!

I took the twins to Jeff's office so he could show the twins off. I love this picture, he looks so proud!

The twins had their circumcision and 1 wk check up on the 8th day! Both boys weighed in at 6 lbs 10 oz. When they left the hospital Birk was 6 lbs 3 oz and Tate was 6 lbs 4 oz. We go back in one week so the doctor can make sure their circumcision are healing properly.

This past Saturday we had a fun morning. We took the kids to Donut bank then the zoo!!! The twins did great, slept through both places. The twins needed to eat in-between places.  It was kinda tricky feeding both of the at the same time in the truck but with Jeff help I was able to do it!! 

 Donut Bank




We have a truck full of kids 


Reed didn't want to stop to take a picture

Here's my little helpers



Birk on the left
Tate on the right









No comments: