Thursday, February 16, 2012

1 month food update


It's been one month since we started the new meal time rules at the Seymore house and I must say I'm very pleased with the progress we've made. We still have many many meals where I have to take a deep breath and use a lot of self-control to not get upset with the kids but overall they all are doing great!!!

Last week Parker filled up his food chart by completely 10 new meals so he got to pick dinner and dessert. He picked Chuck E Cheese (which Jeff and I said we will NEVER go back) and sonic for milkshakes!!! Parker gave the night a two thumbs up.

This month he has taken four bites of most of the new foods but there are meals he struggles so badly and can only get one bite down. There have been times I've served things 2 separate times during the month and he wouldn't eat it the first time then the 2nd time he will eat it just fine. This boy has amazing will power. For example. We went to five guys the other night and I told him he could have a burger (which is on the list of foods he likes now) or a hot dogs (not a food he would eat before) He said he wanted a hot dog, I thought for sure we would have a hard time at the restaurant which was the last thing I wanted to deal with but sure enough the boy ate the whole thing. We asked him what was different this time with the hot dog and he said, I told my mind I would like it and I did!!!! And another example how I believe it's all in this boys head. Monday night I served chicken alfredo. We had the worst night since we started this whole thing. Jeff was gone and he tried to take full advantage of mommy being tired. He threw the worst fit ever, acted like a toddler screaming and crying saying he didn't want to try it. Because he was throwing a fit and was being a bad example I sent him up to his room. He screamed the whole way up there and slammed his door. I tried my hardest to stay calm as I went up stairs and told him that he must stay here until his father got home and he would be getting punished by his dad. I went down stairs and just cried and cried. This is not normal behavior in our house but from time to time each kid will test their boundaries. I sent Jeff a text informing him what went on and asked him to please punish Parker when he got home. That night was very hard. Not only would Parker not touch his dinner, Reed wouldn't either. The night day guess what I served for lunch, chicken alfredo. I thought to myself, I must be crazy, do you remember how hard last night was. Well guess what ALL FOUR KIDS ATE EVERY BITE!!!! Again I asked Parker what was different from last night and he said once again, I told my mind I would like it. REALLY, this boy amazes me!!!!

Another thing Parker has tried to do if he doesn't like it he will make himself throw up. The first time we felt bad for him but then realized he was making himself do it so he now gets in trouble for making himself throw up!!

So in the last month here are the list of new foods Parker now says he likes or will eat all of.

Breakfast Burritos (only if he can dip it in maple syrup)
Chicken Alfredo
Carrot Pancakes
Carrot Muffins
Spaghetti
Chicken Fingers
Mini Corn Dogs
Shells and Cheese (not mac n cheese, has to be shells)
Strawberries
Oranges
Clementines
French Toast
Sausage Pizza
Bacon Sandwiches
Burgers
Green Beans
Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
Chicken Squares
Chicken and Bacon Wraps
Banana bread
Pop corn
Hot dogs
Oatmeal Bars

These are all foods he wouldn't touch a month ago, so if you ask me I think we are making great progress!!!!

And a little update on how the potty training is going... IT'S NOT GOING!!! I realized I was crazy, considering I'm suppose to stay off my feet as much as possible. And dealing with a newly potty trained little boy with twin newborns probably isn't the smartest thing. So sometime this summer we will try it out!!



No comments: