WARNING IF YOU HAVE A WEAK TUMMY YOU MIGHT NOT WANT TO READ!!!!!
Tuesday night right before bed, Parker feel and hit his tooth on a table. Avin and Parker were the only ones in the room so we aren't sure how it happened. I ran into the room and saw the blood flowing out of his mouth. I picked him up and took him to the bathroom. Once I was able to get him to open his mouth I realized he was missing a tooth. I screamed to Jeff who was upstairs. He came down and searched for the tooth. During this time Jeff got to experience a very special moment. He found Avin in the room praying his little heart out for Parker, asking God to help his little brother and to take away the pain. Wow it's moments like that, that make you feel like your actually doing something right with this whole parenting thing! Ok back to the tooth story.... Jeff found the tooth, root and all. We had no clue what to do at this time. I was trying my hardest to comfort Parker as he is screaming and having blood flow and flow out of his mouth. I was able to get the bleeding to calm down by having him bite down on a towel. Jeff called his parents to have them come over so we could take him the ER. The opening on his gum was so bad we thought for sure he would need stitches. When Bob and Kathy got here, Bob called Dr. Kendall and he said there was no reason to rush to the ER. Because it was a baby tooth there was really nothing we needed to do. Later that night we noticed that his other front tooth and eye tooth was pushed back to the roof of his mouth. We decided to take him in the next morning just to make sure everything was ok. Dr. Kendall said that as the gums heal hopefully the teeth will push forward and because he is a thumb sucker that will also help push them forward.
Tuesday night right before bed, Parker feel and hit his tooth on a table. Avin and Parker were the only ones in the room so we aren't sure how it happened. I ran into the room and saw the blood flowing out of his mouth. I picked him up and took him to the bathroom. Once I was able to get him to open his mouth I realized he was missing a tooth. I screamed to Jeff who was upstairs. He came down and searched for the tooth. During this time Jeff got to experience a very special moment. He found Avin in the room praying his little heart out for Parker, asking God to help his little brother and to take away the pain. Wow it's moments like that, that make you feel like your actually doing something right with this whole parenting thing! Ok back to the tooth story.... Jeff found the tooth, root and all. We had no clue what to do at this time. I was trying my hardest to comfort Parker as he is screaming and having blood flow and flow out of his mouth. I was able to get the bleeding to calm down by having him bite down on a towel. Jeff called his parents to have them come over so we could take him the ER. The opening on his gum was so bad we thought for sure he would need stitches. When Bob and Kathy got here, Bob called Dr. Kendall and he said there was no reason to rush to the ER. Because it was a baby tooth there was really nothing we needed to do. Later that night we noticed that his other front tooth and eye tooth was pushed back to the roof of his mouth. We decided to take him in the next morning just to make sure everything was ok. Dr. Kendall said that as the gums heal hopefully the teeth will push forward and because he is a thumb sucker that will also help push them forward.
That night Parke was so excited for mommy and daddy to play tooth fairy. (they know the tooth fairy is fake) Grandma Lou Lou gave him a $1 for his tooth but that night Jeff and I only had 20's so PBear did pretty well that night!
Here is the tooth
This is PBears face a couple days later. Notice the black eye and bruised cheek! :(
Jeff had a little to much fun trying to protect Parker from hurting himself again!! And we all had a good laugh!!!
Thursday Avin also lost a tooth. But this one was pulled. Avin cracked one of his molars on a sucker. The tooth was so damaged they needed to pull it. Here come the funny part of the story. Jeff took him, after they were done they showed Jeff the tooth and tried to explain to him what they did and what things we need to be careful with. Needless to say Jeff didn't hear a word the tech told him because he almost fainted. They had to lay him on a chair and put cold wash clothes over his face!! They also gave him some food and a sprite. The rest of the day Jeff said he didn't feel right. That boy has a weak stomach!!!!!!!! Next time the kids have something done I'll have to take them!!! Back to Avin.... He did great, so proud of the little man!!!!!
So this week Jeff and I got to play tooth fairy two times!!! What a crazy week it was, so looking forward to a normal week. But really what's normal with 4 small kids?????


No comments:
Post a Comment