Wednesday, July 7, 2010

First family trip as a family of 6

In 4 days we went to Louisville Zoo, had dinner with friends in Cinci, 4 hour shopping trip to Ikea, had a visit with Jessica and Joanna Barnard at the University of Cinci Hospital. Drove to Indy and ate at Bub's burger (Jeff ate a 1lb burger), had breakfast at Bub's Cafe and had homemade donuts, went to Traders Pointe Creamery and saw some organic cows, had a visit with Beth and Keegan at Riley Hospital, ate dinner at Hot Box Pizza then went swimming at the hotel, did some shopping at Whole Foods, ate at Paradise Cafe then spent the day at the Indy Children's Museum. On our way home stopped in Louisville at the Cheesecake factory and Graeters Ice Cream. Wow can't believe we did all that with 4 kids under the age of 5.











The zoo has a splash park. They kids loved it!
















After the Louisville Zoo we drove to Cincinnati and had dinner with some friends. Thanks Scott and Andrea for having us over. We had a really good time!




Saturday morning this is what I woke up to. Parker and Reed right next to me. Parker woke up when Reed woke up crying at 5:30 in the morning so I put them both in bed with Jeff and I. Such a sweet moment. Look at Reed's hair ( I think we might have a red head)

Shopping Trip at Ikea. We ended up being there for 3.5 hours.





After our Ikea trip we went downtown to the hospital to have a visit with Jessica and Joanna Barnard. Click here to read their story. We had a such a great visit with them. I wish we could have stayed longer!!!










After our visit with Jessica and Joanna we headed to Indianapolis. We weren't sure where we were going to eat so we used our handy iphones and used the urbanspoon app and found a restaurant call Bub's burgers and ice cream. I read some reviews and looked at their menu. When I saw that they had a one pound burger called "the Big Ugly" and if you ate it you got your picture on the wall, I knew Jeff would love it there. We waited a little over an hour but it was worth the wait.



Waiting patiently for our table


Still waiting, like I said we waited an hour but it was worth it!


Parker's new thing, sucking his thumb and picking his nose all at the same time!

Finally we got seated. This is where Reed hung out all night, on mommy's lap!



The 1 lb burger. "The Big Ugly"


Almost done!

He did it! He ate the whole thing!!!


Sunday morning I put on Reed's first pair of blue jeans.


So...Saturday night we at at Bub's burgers and ice cream. And Sunday we ate at Bub's Cafe. Again, we had a long wait but again it was worth the wait.




Homemade Donuts!! YUMO!!



After breakfast we went to Traders Pointe Creamery. It's an organic dairy farm in Zoinsville. It was really hot so we didn't spend as much time as I would have like but we all still had a great time! Plus we left with organic chocolate milk, doesn't get much better than that!















Parker was so tired after being in the heat at the farm!

We enjoyed our Chocoalte milk back at the hotel. It was so yummy!


After a short rest back at the hotel we went downtown to Riley Hospital to see Beth and Keegan. To read their story about Keegan's fight with cancer click here








After we had our visit with Beth and Keegan we went to Hot Box pizza, then we went to the hotel and went swimming. The boys have been doing so good at my mom's being in the water but they didn't like it at the hotel because they couldn't touch. Well Avin could barely, but Parker freaked out. And Cooper hated it.

Getting ready to go swimming!






I took Cooper and Reed back to the room so the Avin and Parker could stay with Jeff.


Monday morning our last day of vacation we went to Whole Foods so I could stock up on some wheat berries and some organic food. Then to Paradise Cafe for a snack before we went to the Indianapolis Children's Museum. We had never been to one before and I will say it was awesome!!! Their cookies were some of the best I've ever had!






Here's pictures of the Indy Children's Museum



















After spending 4 hours at the museum they were a sleep in the van within 10 mins of leaving. Cooper was out before we left the parking garage.

So we decided to stop on the Cheesecake factory on our way home. BAD IDEA! The kids were so tired from the trip and spending all day at the Children's Museum. But we thought since they all took an 90 min nap in the car they would be fine. I HAVE NEVER EVER EVER IN MY LIFE HAD SUCH A BAD DINING EXPERIENCE. It started with Parker when they brought out our appetizers (buffalo blast) he got upset because we promised him grill cheese sandwich. So he started crying, then Cooper started to cry because she was hungry and we were making her wait because they were so hot. Then of course Reed started crying because it was time for him to eat. So at one time we had 3 of 4 kids crying. NOT FUN!!!!!!!!!! So we got that under control, well kinda! We looked like 2 crazy parents with 4 kids that had never eaten out at a restaurant.

Here are so pictures before we got seated. Notice the happy faces



Here's Cooper eating butter. Yes you read that right, BUTTER. Whatever it took to make her happy. Not something we do everyday.

Here is Jeff. Notice He has 3 kids on his side and I just have Reed. Notice the not so happy faces. Funny thing is I didn't order because I thought I would have my hands full and I knew I could eat off of everyones plate. It ended up Jeff had the most work on his side.
So we got out of there as fast as possible! We got to the car and just laughed, well Jeff laughed first and talked me into laughing it off. It wasn't the kids fault at all, we had pushed them way to hard. We had such a great trip and I was so impressed with how they handled our busy schedule. So we couldn't end the trip on a bad note so we found a Graeter's Ice Cream Shop and got some ice cream before we headed home.

The trip from Louisville to Home sounded like this most of the way home....
Click here to listen. O Beware it's not a good sound. Needless to say we made it home safe and sound.

No comments: